About Me

My photo
I'm one of four kids, big family. I love food; eating and cooking it. I am really big on music, every type.(I am a huge Beatles fan). I'm a typical jersey girl- love the beach, night life, summer time fun, but enjoy the winter. I like going out- but appreciate a nice movie night. I have the best friends in the world and as of right now, I wouldn't change anything in or about my life, for the world. I am going to Kean University as an English Major (literature option)- Elementary Education (elementary, middle and secondary edu.) (k-5 5-8) I'm a glass half full kind of person with many aspirations which I intend to fulfill.

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Rose; blog 3

I read the Mike Rose essay which was quite interesting. He, in detail, explained the problems with the education system and how it effects us today. He specifies especially in people who aren't able to get full education- and how they lack as a lesser educated society. He not only goes into the problem with lower educated students but how the education system, as a whole, needs a change.

Within Mike Rose's process- he took first point of view as a teacher in the educational system and analyzed the function/dysfunction to decide what needs to be done to change the problem. He also mentioned in the text that he was a victim of the "left out" part of the classroom in which he had no other means to become a fully educated child, almost deprived of education. Mainly through everyday in the classroom as a teacher, Rose was able to see first hand what needs to be changed to better the education system as a whole which motivated him to write this text.

First off, I would say like every other piece I've read, being an educator and analyzing the classroom as a teacher would be categorized as visual analysis and interviewing; asking the children / class what works... how it's going as an individual and as a whole classroom... what they liked and what they feel needs improvement.. etc.
Secondly- there is certainly autobiographical text in this piece since it's based on his life and his experiences.
As an assumption- I would also say discourse and statistics and research analysis to get his facts, stats, and other peoples (maybe other teachers) takes on his perspective.

Lastly I would just like to add that every text I've read so far has given me an extra edge on my aspect and view on becoming a future educator. I guess you don't know until you literally get into a classroom. You can never learn or be taught the ways of a classroom in college, you can only read other teachers perspectives and hope they improve or give you light on your own classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment