About Me

My photo
I'm one of four kids, big family. I love food; eating and cooking it. I am really big on music, every type.(I am a huge Beatles fan). I'm a typical jersey girl- love the beach, night life, summer time fun, but enjoy the winter. I like going out- but appreciate a nice movie night. I have the best friends in the world and as of right now, I wouldn't change anything in or about my life, for the world. I am going to Kean University as an English Major (literature option)- Elementary Education (elementary, middle and secondary edu.) (k-5 5-8) I'm a glass half full kind of person with many aspirations which I intend to fulfill.

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Discourse analysis; take 2

Discourse analysis, discourse analysis, discourse analysis... OK!
we'll in class i think the reading we did on the bratty girl Michelle, Katie, Oscar, and David helped tremendously. i would NEVER have interpreted that simple "baby" reading the way i did when we analysed it.. discourse-Ly. (i know that's not a word..ha)
it was such a simple and silly reading- "I'm building a house, i want that crayon, that's my crayon! don't draw a house..." etc.
from a first glance and even a second and third read- i would never come to the conclusions i did with the processed and used. it was a great way to explain discourse. i liked how we did it in class because reading it on my own, i wouldn't be able to think up that type of analysis.
i, and my group, had Michelle- i found myself counting her comments, documenting her "mean comments" questions, answers to questions, etc.

to me, it's hard to understand the difference between visual analysis and discourse analysis. i know visual you literally watch and take notes and the same is with discourse but it's more in depth, but it just seems like the same type of thing to me.

maybe if we compared discourse to visual it would help me notice a bigger difference-
example- if we took  the lesson we did on Monday with the conversation between Michelle Katie and the boys - do a discourse analysis, then visual, i might be able to see the bigger difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment